1. First of all, the amount of conformity toxicity demands is a full time job. I already have a full time job.
2. Toxic people expect you to mold your life according to them. How can I do that? That would mean compromising on my family life and my work life. Why would I make that type of space for toxicity?
3. Toxicity expects us to be always present to feed its ego. That’s a huge undertaking.
4. Also, toxic people never rest just because we have met their initial asks. They continue to raise the wager of their friendship and cause burn out.
5. Also, anytime you find your voice with toxicity, it tries to silence you, shame you and belittle you. That’s the price for being friends with it. Why would anyone make time for something as demanding and soul-sucking as that?
For these reasons and for many more, I have chosen to not make space for toxicity in my life. I don’t have time for it.